"a time-out, rest, refuge, pause in the midst of the challenges, trials and difficulties of life”
- a refreshing glass of cold water on a hot day
- nourishment and support in a moment of need
- a step away from the normal routine to reflect on the Lord and His work
- an afternoon walk with the Lord and others who you find on the same path
As leaders and servants of God sometimes we end up exhausted and burned out...
. . like a hiding place from the wind,
a shelter from the storm,
like streams of water in a dry place,
like the shade of a great rock in a weary land. Isaiah 32:2
From Elijah, David and Paul to even the Lord Jesus Christ, men and women of God have recognized the importance of finding an “oasis” en the middle of the hustle and bustle of ministry. Lush and refreshing, an oasis at times is nothing more than a short pause, but one that allows us to pray, reflect and recover the perspective of what God is doing in and through our lives.
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31 ESV
"Oasis" offers intentional times of rest and renewal for ministry leadership for national leadership in the evangelical churches in Spain.
With great joy and the Lord’s provision, the national Leadership Forum organizes specific events (mostly retreats) for the purpose of refreshing the spirit of these leaders. It is an opportunity to stop and reflect on the Lord and His work.
In addition to these group events, "Oasis" discreetly and confidentially sends individual leaders and/or couples, who have come to our attention through third party recommendations, on mini-sabbaticals for personal renewal.
God . . .
- stopped working, rested, blessed and set aside as holy the seventh day. Genesis 2
- called Moses while in the loneliness of Horeb. Exodus 3-4
- sent Elijah to the brook Cherith . I Reyes 17
- hid David in the caves of Engedi. I Samuel 23
- surrounded Daniel – a servant who had the habit of closing the door and opening the windows to pray - with His presence in the lion's den. Daniel 6
- strengthened Paul in the Arabian desert before putting him into service. Acts 9; Galatians 1
- revealed truth to John while on the island of Patmos. Revelation 1
Jesus . . .
- found strength and stamina in the desert. Matthew 4
- left the people he was serving to go to the mountains. Matthew 14
- one morning very early, when it was still dark, he got up, left the house and went to a place by himself to pray. Mark 1
Each event has its own coordinator who partners with the national Executive Committee responsible for spiritual oversight as well as the administration and organization. This Executive group is made up of members from the Board of The Leadership Forum. At the present it includes Daniel Hollingsworth (Guadalajara), José Manuel Lozano (Madrid), Natalia Iglesias (Zamora).